- New Post:
- Name it( make sure you give it a relevant name such as “Club AGM2023” or “Mens AGM2023” or “Ladies news” and “Bowling news” so will no t be confused with other posts which are alike.
- If it is a News item, AGM post or Financial post, make sure you allocate it to the correct category, or multiple categories, so it will appear when that menu item is clicked.
- Categories are hierarchical so parent will show all children in sub categories
- Menu for page: If you want a menu select position and which menu you wand to show on the post. ( generally it will be the “our Club” menu )
- If you are creating a standalone page that is not in a category above, select uncategorised.
- used advanced post editor if you want to put some formatting in the page, unless it is just pasted text
- select Layout Element 1/1 full page 1/2half page and so on…
- Select layout element: Text block. try others when you are familiar with using the text block first. use a Test page to experiment with your new layouts first before changing a post or page.
- Make sure you save your changes then update the website, If you don’t do both you will loose all your work.
- New Page:
- Pages are very like posts with some important differences. if you don’t know what they are don’t make a page.
- You should not be making pages unless you are familiar with the site structure and layout.